When you sign up, your account is in a 'Guest' mode in which you're having very limited set of actions to perform. This is done in view of security of the forum and its members.
To get your account activated, you've 3 methods -
- Write an introductory post to yourself like this one here - Sample Introduction Post
- Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org strictly from your registered email and containing the link to your profile on this forum!
- Wait till infinity. (Not a great idea, I'd say)
Sample mail to us for option 2 (feel free to copy):
I would like to get my account activated on the DSC NSEC Forum. My account details are as follows -
Registered email: email@example.com
Once done, it will take at most 24 hours to activate your account, and generally within 1 hour 😀
Why was your account not activated?
It could be due to any of the following reasons -
- Your profile seemed to violate our community guidelines.
- You have not provided complete or false information on your profile.
- You went for the 3rd activation option, which was bad, as I said.
We're happy to have you here, and hope that you'll have a fruitful experience in the forum!